Keeler Practitioner Ophthalmoscope & Practitioner Otoscope Diagnostic Set
A combination of optical perfection, superb ergonomics and versatile features makes the Keeler Practitioner Otoscope and Practitioner Ophthalmoscope the ideal choice for primary care specialists.
With curved surfaces and subtle patient side marking, each Keeler ophthalmoscope and otoscope has been designed to fit snugly into the orbital bone ensuring a patient friendly, non threatening instrument.
Manufactured in the UK and built from resilient, lightweight materials, a Keeler instrument will give you many years of trouble free service and withstand the rigours of everyday use. So, whatever your requirement from basic examination to detailed diagnosis, Keeler has the instrument for you.
The Keeler Practitioner Direct Ophthalmoscope & Practitioner Otoscope Diagnostic Set is available in a 2.8V Dry Cell combination (batteries not included) or 3.6V Rechargeable version (The charger for the 3.6V handle must be purchased separately).
Set Contents Includes:
- x1 Keeler Practitioner Otoscope Head
- x1 Keeler Practitioner Ophthalmoscope Head
- x1 Keeler handle (dry cell or rechargeable)
- x5 Reusable specula
- x5 Disposable specula
- x2 Replacement bulb
- x1 Hard case
- Unobstructed open style head for easy introduction of small instruments for wax or foreign body removal
- Large slide aside 2.5x lens for clear view of aural structures and procedures under magnification
- Facility to undertake pneumatic testing for tympanic mobility
- Disposable specula supplied
- The positive maywheel lens control allows you to select a range of lens powers from +40D to -25D for detailed examination of the ocular structures and ease of use for spectacle wearers
- Includes 6 beams for a full diagnostic capability and a blue filter, particularly useful for assessing corneal scratches in children
- A red free filter for enhanced vessel examination can be used with both diagnostic beams, particularly useful for diabetic assessment and monitoring
- Soft integral brow rest for spectacle wearers
Keeler Practitioner Ophthalmoscope & Otoscope Diagnostic Set 2.8v
Part #: 1729-P-1019
Keeler Practitioner Ophthalmoscope & Otoscope Diagnostic Set 3.6v
Part #: 1729-P-1023
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years
The graticule control is used to select the required beam for examination. The graticule range for the Practitioner Direct Ophthalmoscope is as follows
Illuminates the largest area of fundus for the best possible general diagnosis through a dilated pupil.
Permits easier access through an undilated pupil in peripheral examination. Particularly useful in paediatric examination.
Designed specifically for viewing the macular area of the fundus. Reduces pupillary reaction and improves patient comfort.
Used primarily to determine retinal elevations and depressions but may also be used to assess anterior chamber depth.
Projects a graticule on to the retina for assessment of the degree and direction of eccentric fixation. This is particularly useful when examining children.
Red Free (Green filter)
Is used to examine the blood vessels in fine detail. The green filter blocks red rays showing blood vessels as black against a dark green background. This filter is particularly useful for diabetic retinopathy.
Is used in conjunction with fluorescein dye for the detection and examination of corneal scars and abrasions.
The Practitioner Diagnostic Sets are available in the following combinations:
- Practitioner Otoscope 2.8V
Part #: 1519-P-1001
- Practitioner Otoscope 3.6V
Part #: 1519-P-1002
- Practitioner Ophthalmoscope 2.8V
Part #: 1127-P-1005
- Practitioner Ophthalmoscope 3.6V
Part #: 1127-P-1006
- Practitioner Diagnostic Set 2.8V
Part #: 1729-P-1019
- Practitioner Diagnostic Set 3.6V Battery
Part #: 1729-P-1023
Practitioner/Vista/Fibre Optic Otoscope bulb 2.8V
Practitioner/Vista/Fibre Optic Otoscope bulb 3.6V
Standard/Practitioner Ophthalmoscope bulb 2.8V
Standard/Practitioner Ophthalmoscope bulb 3.6V