Keeler Specialist Direct Ophthalmoscope & Retinoscope Set
A combination of optical perfection, superb ergonomics and versatile features make the Keeler Specialist Direct Ophthalmoscope and Retinoscope the ideal choice for optometrist’s, ophthalmologists and optometry students to perform direct ophthalmoscopy.
Whatever your requirement, from basic examination to detailed diagnosis, there is a Keeler ophthalmoscope for you, with all inherent qualities of a Keeler direct ophthalmoscope you would expect.
Keeler optical system – the more you see the better the diagnosis: Keeler’s wide-angle light beam and individual mirror alignment ensures that whatever the patient’s pupil size, you will see the clearest view of the retina.
Comfort and fit: With curved surfaces and subtle patient side marking, the contoured, curved ophthalmoscope head guarantees an optimal viewing angle and the smooth line surfaces ensure a patient friendly non-threatening instrument.
Slim line handles: Keeler hand held’s are supplied on a slim line, light weight robust handle.
Light, tough and built to last: Keeler ophthalmoscopes are built from resilient, light weight materials to give you many years of trouble free service. High impact resistant covers combined with a strong, rigidchassis protect the carefully aligned optics.
Controllable light for bright, clear images: The bright white Halogen or Xenon illumination is fully adjustable from zero. This ensures the comfort of your patients and the best possible diagnosis for you.
Reflex free images: Individually controlled optics reduce the effect of corneal reflex whilst minimising shadows and providing clearer retinal visualisation.
Keeler Specialist Ophthalmoscope
- 30% more illumination: Re-engineered optics give 30% more illumination to get through, for example, cloudy media and cataracts.
- Lightweight and well balanced: Almost 50% lighter, the Specialist combined with the slimline handle is perfectly balanced.
- Expanded dioptre range: The most comprehensive lens range available in a direct ophthalmoscope, +44D to -45D lens range guarantees optimal diagnosis in any situation.
- Slimmer optics: Slimmer and enclosed viewing optics enable you to get closer to the eye providing a wider field of view.
- Premium handmade optics: The Morton Lens Track system, made up of individually ground glass lenses ensures an optimal view.
- New Cobalt Blue filter: The new blue filter can be used in conjunction with fluorescein dye for the detection and examination of corneal scars and abrasions.
- Pupillometer gauge: The pupillometer disc allows quick and easy estimation of pupil size.
- 600 lux of brilliant halogen illumination: The Professional Combi Retinoscope guarantees you enough light to refract even the most difficult eyes.
- Neutralisation check (Patented): The only Retinoscope allowing rapid confirmation of neutralisation. In both Streak and Spot modes you can change the beam from divergent to convergent enabling you to cross check the accuracy of the neutral point. The ability to double check neutralisation in the upper position guarantees the assessment is correct every time.
- Precision magnetic control (Patented): Improved 360º access to a single control for both rotation and convergence adjustments. The precision movements are achieved by use of rare earth magnet technology.
- Two position aperture: A simple finger movement allows a choice of 4mm or 1.7mm aperture to optimise brightness or resolution of the retinal reflex.
- Unique spectacle bar: An interchangeable soft pad is available for spectacle wearers.
You can purchase your Direct Ophthalmoscope and Retinoscope in a slimline double handle case and add in a Lithium Double Charger.
The graticule control is used to select the required beam for examination. The graticule range for the Specialist Direct Ophthalmoscope is as follows:
Illuminates the largest area of fundus for the best possible general diagnosis through a dilated pupil.
Permits easier access through an undilated pupil in peripheral examination. Particularly useful in paediatric examination.
Designed specifically for viewing the macular area of the fundus. Reduces pupillary reaction and improves patient comfort.
Used primarily to determine retinal elevations and depressions but may also be used to assess anterior chamber depth.
Projects a graticule on to the retina for assessment of the degree and direction of eccentric fixation. This is particularly useful when examining children.
Red Free (Green filter)
Is used to examine the blood vessels in fine detail. The green filter blocks red rays showing blood vessels as black against a dark green background. This filter is particularly useful for diabetic retinopathy.
Is used in conjunction with flourescein dye for the detection and examination of corneal scars and abrasions.
The Specialist & Retinoscope Sets are available in the following combinations:
- Specialist & Professional Streak Ret. Set 3.6v Lithium Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1063
- Specialist & Professional Spot Ret. Set 3.6v Lithium Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1065
- Specialist & Professional Streak Ret. Set2.8v Dry Cell Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1062
- Specialist & Professional Spot Ret. Set2.8v Dry Cell Battery
Part #: 1427-P-1064
Specialist Ophthalmoscope on Slimline Handle
- 3.6V Specialist Ophthalmoscope on Slimline Handle
Part #: 1132-P-1157
- 2.8V Specialist Ophthalmoscope on Slimline Handle
Part #: 1132-P-1149
Specialist Ophthalmoscope Bulbs
- Pack of 2 Vista 20/Specialist Ophth. Bulbs 3.6V Xenon
Part #: 1011-P-7034
- Pack of 2 Vista 20/Specialist Ophth. Bulbs 2.8V Halogen
Part #: 1011-P-7042
- Professional Streak Retinoscope 3.6V
Part #: 1302-P-1011
- Professional Spot Retinoscope 3.6V
Part #: 1302-P-1009
- Professional Streak Retinoscope 2.8V
Part #: 1302-P-1010
- Professional Spot Retinoscope 2.8V
Part #: 1302-P-1008
Professional Retinoscope Bulbs
- Pack of 2 Professional Streak Retinoscope bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7009
- Pack of 2 Professional Spot Retinoscope bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7011
- Pack of 2 Professional Streak Retinoscope bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7008
- Pack of 2 Professional Spot Retinoscope bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7010
Vista Retinoscope Bulbs
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Streak Bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7009
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Spot Bulbs 3.6V
Part #: 1013-P-7007
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Streak Bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7008
- Pack of 2 Semi Reflector or Full Aperture Spot Bulbs 2.8V
Part #: 1013-P-7006
Direct Ophthalmoscope Heads Only
- 3.6V Specialist Ophthalmoscope head only
Part #: 1132-P-1050
- 2.8V Specialist Ophthalmoscope head only
Part #: 1132-P-1042
- 3.6V Streak Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1007
- 3.6V Spot Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1005
- 2.8V Streak Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1006
- 2.8V Spot Retinoscope head only
Part #: 1302-P-1004
Chargers and Upgrade Kits
- Double Cord handle power supply
Part #: 1964-P-2001
- Lithium-ion Double Charger
Part #: 1941-P-1368
- Lithium-ion Mini Charger
Part #: 1941-P-1341
- Lithium-ion Double Charger and 2 Handles (Upgrade Kit)
Part #: 1911-P-1228
- Lithium-ion Mini Charger plus Handle (Upgrade Kit)
Part #: 1911-P-1236
- Lithium Battery
Part #: EP39-18918